Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Middle English, borrowed from Middle French constrainte, past participle of the verb constraindre (French: contraindre), ultimately from Latin constringo (corresponding to the past participle constrictus).
- Something that constrains; a restriction.
- An irresistible force or compulsion.
- The repression of one's feelings.
- (mathematics) A condition that a solution to an optimization problem must satisfy.
- (databases) A linkage or other restriction that maintains database integrity.
something that constrains
mathematics: condition to a solution