Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A mechanical device that connects things.
- A linkage in my car's transmission is broken so I can't shift out of first gear.
- A connection or relation between things or ideas.
- (genetics) The property of genes of being inherited together.
- (linguistics) A set of definitely related languages for which no proto-language can be derived, typically a group of languages within a family that have formed a sprachbund.
- (US, politics, historical) A United States foreign policy, during the 1970s détente in the Cold War, of persuading the Soviet Union to co-operate in restraining revolutions in the Third World in return for nuclear and economic concessions.
connection or relation between things or ideas — see link
- Joe Miller (24 January 2018) , “Davos jargon: A crime against the English language?”, in BBC News, BBC