Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈleɪʃ(ə)nʃɪp/
- (US) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈleɪʃənˌʃɪp/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: re‧la‧tion‧ship
relationship (plural relationships)
- Connection or association; the condition of being related.
- Kinship; being related by blood or marriage.
- A romantic or sexual involvement.
- Why are they being mean to her just because she wants a relationship with him?
- A way in which two or more people behave and are involved with each other
- I have a good working relationship with my boss.
2012 August 5, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “I Love Lisa” (season 4, episode 15; originally aired 02/11/1993)”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- “I Love Lisa” opens with one of my favorite underappreciated running jokes from The Simpsons: the passive-aggressive, quietly contentious relationship of radio jocks Bill and Marty, whose mindless happy talk regularly gives way to charged exchanges that betray the simmering resentment and disappointment perpetually lingering just under the surface of their relationship.
- (music) The level or degree of affinity between keys, chords and tones.
connection or association
romantic or sexual involvement