See also: -sexual
- 1 English
- 2 Asturian
- 3 Catalan
- 4 Portuguese
- 5 Romanian
- 6 Spanish
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsɛkʃuəl/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɛkʃuəl/, /ˈsɛksjuəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛkʃuəl
- Of or relating to having sex, sexual acts and sexual reproduction.
Giving oral sex is my favorite sexual act.
- Of or relating to gender.
2013 July 19, Mark Tran, “Denied an education by war”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 1:
- One particularly damaging, but often ignored, effect of conflict on education is the proliferation of attacks on schools […] as children, teachers or school buildings become the targets of attacks. Parents fear sending their children to school. Girls are particularly vulnerable to sexual violence.
Women face sexual discrimination in the workplace.
- Of or relating to sexuality; not asexual.
She's a very sexual woman; a sexual innuendo.
- Of or relating to sexual orientations, sexual identity or preferences with respect to sexual intercourse
of or relating to having sex
of or relating to the sex of an organism
of or relating to sexuality
of or relating to sexual orientation, identity or preferences
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- Japanese: セクシャル (sekusharu)
- See also Wikisaurus:copulation
sexual (plural sexuals)
- (biology) A species which reproduces by sexual rather than asexual reproduction, or a member of such a species.
- (LGBT) A person who experiences sexual attraction, a person who has interest in or desire for sex (especially as contrasted with an asexual).
- sexual in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- sexual in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
sexual (masculine and feminine plural sexuals)
Inflection of sexual
|comparative||mais sexual||mais sexual||mais sexuais||mais sexuais|
|superlative||o mais sexual
|a mais sexual
|os mais sexuais
|as mais sexuais
declension of sexual
sexual (plural sexuales)