Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Sexually attracted to intellectual or mental qualities, rather than to the physical body.
- 2002, Torrin/Darren WhoEver, "", Stoked on Sapiosexuality, March 2002. "Me? I don't care too much about the plumbing. I want an incisive, inquisitive, insightful, irreverent mind. I want someone for whom philosophical discussion is foreplay. I want someone who sometimes makes me go ouch due to their wit and evil sense of humor. I want someone that I can reach out and touch randomly. I want someone I can cuddle with."
- 2012, Carolina Montejo, "Sapiosexuality: The intelligent foreplay", Vangardist, May 2012, page 128:
- Now, I know that the subject here is sexual arousal, but since I've already mentioned Plato and he is so relevant to the subject of Eros – and was probably sapiosexual himself — I think it's worth stepping briefly into the realm of philosophy.
- 2013, Sunayana Suresh, "Are women attracted to the sapiosexual men?", The Times of India, 28 May 2013 (used in title only)
Sexually attracted to intelligence or the human mind.
sapiosexual (plural sapiosexuals)
- A person who is sexually attracted to a person's intellect or mind before appearance.
- 2005 October 20, CatDeville [username], “Re: Struggling with the details”, in alt.polyamory, Usenet:
- You see, for a true geek there's often little difference, because when you engage our brains, which are connected to our genitals, it often turns on our lust response (we're quite often sapiosexuals - people who lust after intellect first), but it's the *brain* you aim for, the intellect, to turn us on, not our genitals.
- 2012, Cara C. MacInnis & Gordon Hodson, "Intergroup bias toward 'Group X': Evidence of prejudice, dehumanization, avoidance, and discrimination against asexuals", Group Processes & Intergroup Relations, 24 April 2012:
- In Study 2 we tapped attitudes toward a largely unknown sexual orientation group, sapiosexuals (those sexually attracted to the human mind).
- Participants indicated their familiarity with heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, and sapiosexuals […]
- 2012, Carolina Montejo, "Sapiosexuality: The intelligent foreplay", Vangardist, May 2012, page 126:
- So, what attracts you? What turns you on? If you decided on abstract thought, clever humour and insight. You're a sapiosexual.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:sapiosexual.