Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Sexually attracted to intellectual or mental qualities over appearance.
- 2013 June 20, DoubleX Staff, “Are Women Turned on by Pictures of Naked Men? Kevin Costner.”, in Slate:
- I am what is known as a sapiosexual—defined by Urban Dictionary as one who finds intelligence the most sexually attractive feature.
- 2017 June 2, Anna North, “The Hottest Body Part? For a Sapiosexual, It’s the Brain”, in New York Times:
- For Mr. Okeke-Diagne, being sapiosexual means intellectual conversation is a key part of dating and sex.
- 2021 October 18, Lucy Foulkes, “The big idea: Is it your personality, or a disorder?”, in The Guardian:
- Sexually attracted to intelligent people? You're sapiosexual.
sexually attracted to intelligence
sapiosexual (plural sapiosexuals)
- A person who is sapiosexual.
- 2005 October 20, CatDeville [username], “Re: Struggling with the details”, in alt.polyamory (Usenet):
- You see, for a true geek there's often little difference, because when you engage our brains, which are connected to our genitals, it often turns on our lust response (we're quite often sapiosexuals - people who lust after intellect first), but it's the *brain* you aim for, the intellect, to turn us on, not our genitals.
- 2012 April 24, Cara C. MacInnis, Gordon Hodson, “Intergroup bias toward 'Group X': Evidence of prejudice, dehumanization, avoidance, and discrimination against asexuals”, in Group Processes & Intergroup Relations:
- In Study 2 we tapped attitudes toward a largely unknown sexual orientation group, sapiosexuals (those sexually attracted to the human mind).
Participants indicated their familiarity with heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, and sapiosexuals […]
- 2012 May, Carolina Montejo, “Sapiosexuality: The intelligent foreplay”, in Vangardist, page 126:
- So, what attracts you? What turns you on? If you decided on abstract thought, clever humour and insight. You're a sapiosexual.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:sapiosexual.