sexual abuse (usually uncountable, plural sexual abuses)
- Any sexual activity that is undesired by one participant but forced on them nonetheless, especially when considered to be more sustained or frequent than an incident of sexual assault.
- 1971, ‘Facing Equality for Women’, Time, 4 Oct 1971:
- Statutory-rape laws concerning voluntary intercourse would probably be taken off the books, though both young boys and young girls could still be protected against any sexual abuse by older persons.
- 2013, The Guardian, (headline), 29 Sep 2013:
- Argentine priest Julio Grassi begins 15-year sentence over sexual abuse.
forcing of undesired sexual activity by one person on another