Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /fɔɹst/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /fɔːst/
- (rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /fo(ː)ɹst/
- (non-rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /foəst/
Audio (US) (file)
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Obtained forcefully, not naturally.
- Her forced smile was harder and harder to keep as her critical father kept on complaining about her.
- Opened or accessed using force.
terms derived from forced