- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /spɒnˈteɪ.ni.əs/
- (US) IPA(key): /spɑnˈteɪ.ni.əs/
- Rhymes: -eɪniəs
Audio (US) (file)
- Self-generated; happening without any apparent external cause.
- He made a spontaneous offer of help.
- Done by one's own free choice, or without planning.
- Proceeding from natural feeling or native tendency without external or conscious constraint
- Arising from a momentary impulse
- Controlled and directed internally; self-active; spontaneous movement characteristic of living things
- Produced without being planted or without human labor; indigenous
- a spontaneous growth of wood
- Sudden, without warning.
- (self-generated): autonomous
- (done by one's own free choice): autonomous
- (proceeding from natural feeling...): autonomous
self generated; happening without any apparent external cause
done by one's own free choice, or without planning
proceeding from natural feeling or native tendency without external constraint
arising from a momentary impulse
controlled and directed internally
produced without being planted or without human labor
not apparently contrived or manipulated
random — see random
sudden, without warning
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.