- Lasting for only a moment.
- Happening at every moment; perpetual.
- Ephemeral or relatively short-lived.
1749, John Cleland, “part 3”, in Fanny Hill: Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure, London: G. Fenton, OCLC 13050889:
- Yet oh! what an immense difference did I feel between this impression of a pleasure merely animal, and struck out of the collision of the sexes by a passive bodily effect, from that sweet fury, that rage of active delight which crowns the enjoyments of a mutual love-passion, where two hearts, tenderly and truly united, club to exalt the joy, and give it a spirit and soul that bids defiance to that end which mere momentary desires generally terminate in, when they die of a surfeit of satisfaction!
- See also Thesaurus:ephemeral
lasting for only a moment
ephemeral or relatively short-lived