Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Outside of something; on the exterior.
- This building has some external pipework.
- Of all external things, […] / She [Fancy] forms imaginations, aery shapes.
- Her virtues graced with external gifts.
- Not intrinsic nor essential; accidental; accompanying; superficial.
- The external circumstances are greatly different.
- Foreign; relating to or connected with foreign nations.
- external trade or commerce; the external relations of a state or kingdom
- (anatomy) Away from the mesial plane of the body; lateral.
- Provided by something or someone outside of the entity (object, group, company etc.) considered.
outside of something