Jump to navigation Jump to search
entity (plural entities)
- That which has a distinct existence as an individual unit. Often used for organisations which have no physical form.
- 1992, Rudolf M[athias] Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, New York, N.Y.: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, page ix:
- It is also pertinent to note that the current obvious decline in work on holarctic hepatics most surely reflects a current obsession with cataloging and with nomenclature of the organisms—as divorced from their study as living entities.
- The existence of something considered apart from its properties.
- (databases) Anything about which information or data can be stored in a database; in particular, an organised array or set of individual elements or parts.
- The state or quality of being or existence.
- The group successfully maintains its tribal entity.
- See also Thesaurus:entity
that which exists as an individual unit
something that has properties of being real
computing: anything about which data can be stored
state or quality of existence
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked