Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
cissexual (not comparable)
- (LGBT, of a person) Having a gender identity which matches one's birth sex; for example, identifying as male and having (been born with) male genitalia.
2011, Jes Battis, Homofiles: Theory, Sexuality, and Graduate Studies, page 25:
- That we are working on the grounds of ontology seems clear, since the “actually” begins from a cissexual primal origin birth moment that cannot be changed but only concealed—Angie is “biologically” once-and-forever Justin.
2013, Kelby Harrison, Sexual Deceit: The Ethics of Passing, page 13:
- Ungendering is the process by which cissexual people start to look for details or evidence that the trans person is no longer living in his/her birth gender.
- 2016, Em McAvan, 3: Rhetorics of Disgust and Indeterminacy in Transphobic Acts of Violence, Tobias Raun (editor), Out Online: Trans Self-Representation and Community Building on YouTube, page 54,
- Comfort is a cissexual privilege, ascribed to those who identify with and are socially and institutionally recognizable as the sex they were assigned at birth, thus conforming to a certain kind of gender norm.
- cis man, cis person, cis woman; cis female, cis male
- asexual, intersexual
- cisphobia, cisphobic
having a gender identity which matches one's birth sex