Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Newest pages ordered by last category link update|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
Fundamental » All languages » French » Lemmas » Nouns
French terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
For more information, see Appendix:French nouns.
- Category:French noun forms: French nouns that are inflected to display grammatical relations other than the main form.
- Category:French agent nouns: French nouns that denote an agent that performs the action denoted by the verb from which the noun is derived.
- Category:French collective nouns: French nouns that indicate groups of related things or beings, without the need of grammatical pluralization.
- Category:French compound nouns: French nouns composed of two or more stems.
- Category:French countable nouns: French nouns that can be quantified directly by numerals.
- Category:French diminutive nouns: French nouns that are derived from a base word to convey endearment, small size or small intensity.
- Category:French nouns by gender: French nouns organized by the gender they belong to.
- Category:French nouns by inflection type: French nouns organized by the type of inflection they follow.
- Category:French nominalized adjectives: French adjectives that are used as nouns.
- Category:French nouns with other-gender equivalents: French nouns that refer to gendered concepts (e.g. actor vs. actress, king vs. queen) and have corresponding other-gender equivalent terms.
- Category:French pluralia tantum: French nouns that are mostly or exclusively used in the plural form.
- Category:French proper nouns: French nouns that indicate individual entities, such as names of persons, places or organizations.
- Category:French singularia tantum: French nouns that are mostly or exclusively used in the singular form.
- Category:French nouns with unattested plurals: French nouns with unattested plurals.
- Category:French uncountable nouns: French nouns that indicate qualities, ideas, unbounded mass or other abstract concepts that cannot be quantified directly by numerals.
- Category:French verbal nouns: French nouns morphologically related to a verb and similar to it in meaning.
|Top – A À Â Æ Ä B C Ç D E É È Ê Ë F G H I Î Ï J K L M N O Ô Œ Ö P Q R S T U Û Ù Ü V W X Y Ÿ Z|
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- French noun forms (1 c, 33045 e)
- French agent nouns (0 c, 4 e)
- French collective nouns (0 c, 5 e)
- French compound nouns (0 c, 1 e)
- French countable nouns (0 c, 46845 e)
- French diminutive nouns (3 c, 21 e)
- French nominalized infinitives (0 c, 20 e)
- French nouns by gender (4 c, 0 e)
- French nouns by inflection type (1 c, 0 e)
- French nominalized adjectives (0 c, 1 e)
- French nouns with other-gender equivalents (1 c, 0 e)
- French nouns with plural in -aus (0 c, 8 e)
- French nouns with plural in -eus (0 c, 9 e)
- French nouns with plural in -oux (0 c, 8 e)
- French pluralia tantum (0 c, 532 e)
- French proper nouns (3 c, 7736 e)
- French singularia tantum (0 c, 14 e)
- French nouns with unattested plurals (0 c, 17 e)
- French uncountable nouns (0 c, 3971 e)
- French verbal nouns (0 c, 2 e)
Pages in category "French nouns"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 50,523 total.(previous page) (next page)
(previous page) (next page)
- a priori
- A. M.
- abandon scolaire
- abeille à miel
- abeille charpentière
- abeille mère
- abeille ouvrière
- aberration chromatique
- aberration sphérique
- abîme de science
- ablatif absolu
- abominable homme des neiges