Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
abaissement m (plural abaissements)
- Action of moving or pushing something in a downward direction; a lowering
- State resulting from having moved down.
- Action of lowering a value; reduction
- Action of lowering oneself morally; abasement
- (dated) State of something or someone which has lost all pride; abasement
- (archaic) Action of rendering or becoming less powerful.
- “abaissement” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).