Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: réduction
- The act, process, or result of reducing.
- The amount or rate by which something is reduced, e.g. in price.
- A 5% reduction in robberies
- (chemistry) A reaction in which electrons are gained and valence is reduced; often by the removal of oxygen or the addition of hydrogen.
- (cooking) The process of rapidly boiling a sauce to concentrate it.
- (mathematics) The rewriting of an expression into a simpler form.
- (computability theory) a transformation of one problem into another problem, such as mapping reduction or polynomial reduction.
- (music) An arrangement for a far smaller number of parties, e.g. a keyboard solo based on a full opera.
- (philosophy, phenomenology) A philosophical procedure intended to reveal the objects of consciousness as pure phenomena. (See phenomenological reduction.)
- (medicine) A medical procedure to restore a fracture or dislocation to the correct alignment.
act, process, or result of reducing
amount or rate by which something is reduced
chemistry: reaction in which electrons are gained and valence is reduced
math: rewriting an expression
computability theory: a transformation of one problem into another problem
medical procedure to restore a fracture
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked