See also: médical
Audio (US) (file)
- Of or pertaining to the practice of medicine.
2013 June 21, Karen McVeigh, “US rules human genes can't be patented”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 10:
- The US supreme court has ruled unanimously that natural human genes cannot be patented, a decision that scientists and civil rights campaigners said removed a major barrier to patient care and medical innovation.
- Intended to have a therapeutic effect; medicinal.
- medical marijuana; medical cannabis; medical treatment
- Requiring medical treatment.
- A costly medical condition can bankrupt you if it doesn't kill you first.
- Pertaining to the state of one's health.
- (Britain) Pertaining to or requiring treatment by other than surgical means.
- medical ward
of the practice of medicine
medical (plural medicals)
- (informal) A medical examination.
- You'll have to get a medical before you apply for that job.
- 2014, Jamie Jackson, "Ángel di María says Manchester United were the ‘only club’ after Real", The Guardian, 26 August 2014:
- After completing a medical and the requisite paperwork on Tuesday to seal the deal, Di María said: “I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester United. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Spain and there were a lot of clubs interested in me, but United is the only club that I would have left Real Madrid for.
- of or relating to the middle finger