Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (pejorative) Travelling across international borders, generally from a rich country to a poor country, to deliver healthcare, often on a temporary basis. .
- Travelling across international borders to obtain health care.
type of tourism
- ^ Shaywitz, D.A., & Ausiello, D.A. (2002). Global Health: A Chance for Western Physicians to Give - and Receive. The American Journal of Medicine, 113, 354-357.
- ^ Bezruchka, S. (2000). Medical Tourism as Medical Harm to the Third World: Why? For Whom? Wilderness and Environmental Medicine, 11, 77-78.
- ^ Roberts, M. (2006). Duffle Bag Medicine. Journal of the American Medical Association, 295, 1491-1492.
- ^ Pinto, A.D., & Upshur, R.E.G. (2009). Global Health Ethics for Students. Developing World Bioethics, 9, 1-10.
- ^ James, D. (1999). Going Global. The New Physician, 48, online. Accessed 7 May 2009. 
- ^ Jim Baraldi. "A harm in 'medical tourism.' The poor need lasting efforts to improve global health, not feel-good field trips."  The Philadelphia Inquirer. September 25, 2009.
- ^ Gahlinger, PM. The Medical Tourism Travel Guide: Your Complete Reference to Top-Quality, Low-Cost Dental, Cosmetic, Medical Care & Surgery Overseas. Sunrise River Press, 2008.