Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: 醫
Ideogrammic compound (會意): 匸 (“bag, container”) + 矢 (“arrow”) – an arrow (矢) in a chest, indicating one of the early practices of doctors which was to pull the arrows out of wounded soldiers’ chests.
Also Simplified from 醫.
- KangXi: page 155, character 5
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 2680
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 85, character 3
- Unihan data for U+533B
|For pronunciation and definitions of 医 – see 醫 ("doctor").
(This character, 医, is the simplified form of 醫.)
|simp. and trad.
- A tool for storing a bow and crossbow.
|Kanji in this term|
- medicine (vocation), healing, doctor, cure
- This entry needs a definition. Please add one, then remove