Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
reaction (plural reactions)
- An action or statement in response to a stimulus or other event
- The announcement of the verdict brought a violent reaction.
- You were in the courtroom. What is your reaction?
- When I last tried to eat strawberries I had a terrible allergic reaction.
- (chemistry) A transformation in which one or more substances is converted into another by combination or decomposition
- In this reaction, the acid and base will neutralize each other, producing a salt.
action in response to an event