Jump to navigation Jump to search
- interduce (eye dialect)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌɪntɹəˈdus/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɪntɹəˈdjuːs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: in‧tro‧duce
- (transitive, of people) To cause (someone) to be acquainted (with someone else).
- Let me introduce you to my friends.
- (transitive) To make (something or someone) known by formal announcement or recommendation.
- The senator plans to introduce the bill in the next session.
- Let me introduce our guest speaker.
- (transitive) To add (something) to a system, a mixture, or a container.
- Various pollutants were introduced into the atmosphere.
- (transitive) To bring (something) into practice.
- Wheeled transport was introduced long ago.
conjugation of introduce
|present||I introduce||we introduce||I am introducing||we are introducing||I have introduced||we have introduced||I have been introducing||we have been introducing|
|you introduce||you introduce||you are introducing||you are introducing||you have introduced||you have introduced||you have been introducing||you have been introducing|
|he introduces||they introduce||he is introducing||they are introducing||he has introduced||they have introduced||he has been introducing||they have been introducing|
|past||I introduced||we introduced||I was introducing||we were introducing||I had introduced||we had introduced||I had been introducing||we had been introducing|
|you introduced||you introduced||you were introducing||you were introducing||you had introduced||you had introduced||you had been introducing||you had been introducing|
|he introduced||they introduced||he was introducing||they were introducing||he had introduced||they had introduced||he had been introducing||they had been introducing|
|future||I will introduce||we will introduce||I will be introducing||we will be introducing||I will have introduced||we will have introduced||I will have been introducing||we will have been introducing|
|you will introduce||you will introduce||you will be introducing||you will be introducing||you will have introduced||you will have introduced||you will have been introducing||you will have been introducing|
|he will introduce||they will introduce||he will be introducing||they will be introducing||he will have introduced||they will have introduced||he will have been introducing||they will have been introducing|
|conditional||I would introduce||we would introduce||I would be introducing||we would be introducing||I would have introduced||we would have introduced||I would have been introducing||we would have been introducing|
|you would introduce||you would introduce||you would be introducing||you would be introducing||you would have introduced||you would have introduced||you would have been introducing||you would have been introducing|
|he would introduce||they would introduce||he would be introducing||they would be introducing||he would have introduced||they would have introduced||he would have been introducing||they would have been introducing|
- (make something or someone known): announce
to cause someone to be acquainted
to make something or someone known by formal announcement or recommendation
to add something to a system, a mixture, or a container
to bring into practice — See also translations at bring in
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- (transitive) to insert
- (transitive) to establish, enact (to appoint or adopt, as officers, laws, regulations, guidelines, etc.)
conjugation of introduce (third conjugation, past participle in -s)
|person||1st person||2nd person||3rd person||1st person||2nd person||3rd person|
|present||să introduc||să introduci||să introducă||să introducem||să introduceți||să introducă|
|negative||nu introduce||nu introduceți|