Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Portugal) IPA(key): /ɐ.pɾɨ.zẽ.ˈtaɾ/
- (Brazil) IPA(key): /a.ˌpɾe.zẽ.ˈta(ʁ)/
- Hyphenation: a‧pre‧sen‧tar
- (transitive) to introduce (to make multiple people become acquainted with one another)
Fui eu que apresentei os noivos.
- I’m the one who introduced the fiancés.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun or ditransitive, with the indirect object taking a) to introduce; to present (to make (someone or someone) become acquainted to)
Ela chegou e logo se apresentou.
- She arrived and soon afterwards introduced herself.
Alguém deve apresentar o enviado ao rei.
- Someone should present the envoy to the king.
- (transitive) to present (to put (something) forward to be seen)
Apresentamos o novo produto ao mercado.
- We presented the new product to the market.
A acusação apresentou as evidências.
- The accusers presented their evidence.
- (transitive) to present (to give a presentation)
Três doutorandos apresentarão suas teses amanhã.
- Three doctorate students will present their theses tomorrow.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to perform (to do something in front of an audience)
Venha ver minha banda se apresentar sábado.
- Come see my band perform Saturday.
- (transitive) to exhibit (to have as a characteristic)
O corpo apresentava vários buracos de bala.
- The corpse exhibited various bulletholes.
For usage examples of this term, see Citations:apresentar.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb apresentar