Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Insert
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)t
- (transitive) To put in between or into.
- In order to withdraw money from a cash machine you have to insert your debit card first.
- To make your proof easier to comprehend I recommend you insert a few more steps.
put in between or into
insert (plural inserts)
- An image inserted into text.
- A promotional or instructive leaflet inserted into a magazine, newspaper, tape or disk package, etc.
- This software can print compact disc inserts if you have the right size of paper.
- (linguistics) An expression, such as "please" or an interjection, that may occur at various points in an utterance.
- (genetics) A sequence of DNA inserted into another DNA molecule
image inserted into text
insert m (plural inserts)