Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: insert
Insert (plural Inserts)
- A key that when pressed switches between the overtype mode and the insert mode of a computer.
- 1990, Paula Sharick, The Essential Guide to VMS Utilities and Commands: VMS Version 5, Van Nostrand Reinhold, →ISBN:
- The removed text is temporarily stored in the system INSERT HERE buffer. To insert that text at a new location, position the cursor at the new location and press INSERT.
- 1995, Daniel J. Fingerman, Lotus Word Pro 96 for Windows 95 Made Easy: The Basics and ..., Osborne McGraw-Hill, →ISBN:
- Press INSERT one time. You will notice the mode indicator change to the other mode. Press INSERT again, and the indicator will return to the original mode. If necessary, press INSERT again so "Insert" appears as the mode.