Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Illustration
- The act of illustrating; the act of making clear and distinct;
- The state of being illustrated, or of being made clear and distinct.
- Something which illustrates; a comparison or example intended to make clear or apprehensible, or to remove obscurity.
- 2012 June 19, Phil McNulty, “England 1-0 Ukraine”, in BBC Sport:
- England will regard it as a measure of justice for Frank Lampard's disallowed goal against Germany in Bloemfontein at the 2010 World Cup - but it was also an illustration of how they rode their luck for long periods in front of a predictably partisan home crowd.
- A picture designed to decorate a publication, or elucidate a literary work.
- The illustration showing the water cycle made it much easier to understand for the children.
- The sleeve of the band's new CD includes illustrations from deceased former members.
- A calculated prevision of insurance premiums and returns (life insurance)
act of illustrating
that which illustrates
picture designed to decorate
- Japanese: イラスト
illustration f (plural illustrations)
- → Turkish: ilüstrasyon
- “illustration”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
|Declension of illustration|