Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
leaflet (plural leaflets)
- (botany) One of the components of a compound leaf.
- (botany) A small plant leaf.
- The new leaflets at the end of the branch were a lighter shade of green than the mature leaves.
- A small sheet of paper containing information, used for dissemination of said information, often an advertisement.
- A leaflet had been left under the car's windshield wiper.
- (anatomy) A flap of a valve of a heart or blood vessel.
- (small leaf): leafling
- (small sheet of paper containing information): flier, flyer, folder, handbill, pamphlet
Terms derived from leaflet
component of a compound leaf
small piece of paper with information
flap of a valve of a heart or blood vessel
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- (transitive) To distribute leaflets to.
- A sidewalk preacher gave an impassioned sermon while an assistant leafleted those who stayed to listen.
- (intransitive) To distribute leaflets.
- During the summer, Peter earned some extra cash by leafleting for a local pizza delivery restaurant.
- The inflected forms leafletted and leafletting are sometimes seen, but the spellings leafleted and leafleting are preferred.