Jump to navigation Jump to search
leaflet (plural leaflets)
- (botany) One of the components of a compound leaf.
- (botany) A small plant leaf.
- The new leaflets at the end of the branch were a lighter shade of green than the mature leaves.
- Synonym: leafling
- A small sheet of paper containing information, used for dissemination of said information, often an advertisement.
- (anatomy) A flap of a valve of a heart or blood vessel.
component of a compound leaf
small plant leaf
small piece of paper with information — See also translations at flyer
flap of a valve of a heart or blood vessel
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- (transitive) To distribute leaflets to.
- A sidewalk preacher gave an impassioned sermon while an assistant leafleted those who stayed to listen.
- (intransitive) To distribute leaflets.
- During the summer, Peter earned some extra cash by leafleting for a local pizza delivery restaurant.
- 2011, Staughton Lynd, Daniel Gross, Labor Law for the Rank & Filer: Building Solidarity While Staying Clear of the Law:
- The leafleter who takes reasonable care not to block the sidewalk, who does not become involved in incidents of violence, and whose leaflet is truthful, has the right to leaflet undisturbed.
- The inflected forms leafletted and leafletting are sometimes seen, but the spellings leafleted and leafleting are preferred.