- (transitive) To bestow commendation on; to represent favourably; to suggest, endorse or encourage as an appropriate choice.
- The board recommends Philips, given his ample experience in similar positions.
- (transitive) To make acceptable; to attract favor to.
- (transitive) To advise, propose, counsel favorably
- The therapist recommends resting the mind and exercising the body.
- (transitive, archaic) To commit, confide to another's care, confidence or acceptance, with favoring representations
- A medieval oblate's parents recommended the boy for life to God and the monastery
- See also Thesaurus:advise
to commend to the favorable notice of another
to suggest or endorse someone as appropriate choice
to advise, propose
archaic: to confide to another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked