Jump to navigation Jump to search
This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
Audio (US) (file)
- The act or process of expanding.
- The expansion of metals and plastics in response to heat is well understood.
- The fractional change in unit length per unit length per unit temperature change.
- A new addition.
- My new office is in the expansion behind the main building.
- A product to be used with a previous product.
- This expansion requires the original game board.
- That which is expanded; expanse; extended surface.
- the starred expansion of the skies
- (steam engines) The operation of steam in a cylinder after its communication with the boiler has been cut off, by which it continues to exert pressure upon the moving piston.
act of expanding
fractional change in unit length per unit length per unit temperature change
product to be used with a previous product
expansion f (plural expansions)