Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: econòmics
- œconomics (archaic)
- (General American, Canada) IPA(key): /ˌikəˈnɑmɪks/, /ˌɛkəˈnɑmɪks/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌiːkəˈnɒmɪks/, /ˌɛkəˈnɒmɪks/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (social sciences) The study of resource allocation, distribution and consumption; of capital and investment; and of management of the factors of production.
- Mary studied economics for 5 years before going into banking.
- Synonyms: dismal science; see also Thesaurus:economics