Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having distinct limits.
- definite dimensions; a definite measure; a definite period or interval
- Elements combine in definite proportions.
- Free from any doubt.
- definite knowledge
- Determined; resolved.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
- (linguistics) Designating an identified or immediately identifiable person or thing, or group of persons or things
- the definite article
having distinct limits
free from any doubt
(linguistics) designating an identified or immediately identifiable person or thing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
definite (plural definites)
- Second-person plural indicative present form of definire.
- Second-person plural imperative present form of definire.
- Feminine plural of definito.
- definite in Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers