Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: définitive
- explicitly defined
- conclusive or decisive
- definitive vote
- She will have the definitive say in the matter, after consulting her board of directors.
- definite, authoritative and complete
- 1838, William H. Prescott, History of the Reign of Ferdinand and Isabella the Catholic
- Some definitive […] scheme of reconciliation.
- limiting; determining
- a definitive word
- (philately) general, not issued for commemorative purposes
- (obsolete) Determined; resolved.
conclusive or decisive
definitive (plural definitives)
- (grammar) a word, such as a definite article or demonstrative pronoun, that defines or limits something
- (philately) an ordinary postage stamp that is part of a series of all denominations or is reprinted as needed to meet demand
- Synonym: definitive stamp
philately: ordinary postage stamp
- inflection of :
- (Classical) IPA(key): /deː.fiː.niːˈtiː.u̯e/, [d̪eːfiːniːˈt̪iːu̯ɛ]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /de.fi.niˈti.ve/, [d̪ɛfiniˈt̪iːvɛ]