Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: commémorative
commemorative (not comparable)
- Serving to commemorate something.
- a commemorative plaque
- 1962 October, “New Reading on Railways: The Flying Scotsman 1862-1962. By C. Hamilton Ellis. Allen & Unwin. 6s.”, in Modern Railways, page unnumbered:
- The centenary of Britain's most famous train has called for a commemorative and descriptive work and in this 40-page illustrated booklet the author has tried—with some success, to pour a quart into a pint pot.
serving to commemorate
commemorative (plural commemoratives)
- An object made to commemorate a person, mark an event, etc.
- (philately) A postage stamp issued to commemorate, usually a person or event; also commonly applied to thematic (topical) stamp issues.
commemorative postage stamp