Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /djʊˈɹeɪʃn̩/, /dʒʊˈɹeɪʃn̩/
- (US) IPA(key): /dəˈɹeɪʃn̩/, /djəˈɹeɪʃn̩/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- An amount of time or a particular time interval.
- The duration of the flight will be about 2 hours 45 minutes.
- She was moaning for the entire duration of the advert break.
- (in the singular, not followed by "of") The time taken for the current situation to end, especially the current war
- Rationing will last at least for the duration.
- (finance) A measure of the sensitivity of the price of a financial asset to changes in interest rates, computed for a simple bond as a weighted average of the maturities of the interest and principal payments associated with it.
amount of time
- Duration (disambiguation) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Bond duration on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- dictionary.reference.com entry
duration f (plural durations)
- duration (length with respect to time)