Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (North Wales) IPA(key): /kəmˈraːi̯ɡ/
- (South Wales, standard, colloquial) IPA(key): /kəmˈrai̯ɡ/
Despite being written with "ae", the final diphthong here is unexpectedly /aːi̯/ in Northern Welsh.
Cymraeg f (uncountable)
- Often takes the definite article: y Gymraeg.
Cymraeg (feminine singular Cymraeg, plural Cymraeg, not comparable)
- Welsh, Welsh-language (with reference to the language only, not the nationality)
- Mae'n gweithio i'r wasg Gymraeg.
- He/She works for the Welsh (language) press.
- Mae'n dod o deulu Cymraeg.
- He/She comes from a Welsh-speaking family.
- Sometimes used in place of Cymreig in colloquial Welsh, to mean "Welsh" as in pertaining to Wales, although this could be considered erroneous.
- Cymreig (“Welsh (nationality)”)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.