Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Able to be translated into or expressed in English.
- 1945, John Crowe Ransom, The Kenyon Review - Volume 7:
- Only two pages of the Pushkin are given to the lyric, and these to such relatively Englishable items as a ballad ("The Upas Tree") and the "Exegi Monumentum," which has had its hundreds of English predecessors.
- 1989, Alton L. Becker, Writing on the tongue, page 5:
- The term is gemes, and the vehicle it provides for metaphoring is Englishable as 'pinching a plump baby in affection'.
- 1997, Glimmer Train - Issues 21-24, page 62:
- But this isn't an askable question. It isn't Englishable.