From the Old English personal name Everard, eofor (“boar”) + heard (“hardy, brave,strong”).
- A patronymic surname.
- A male given name transferred back from the surname.
- 2000 Alice Walker, The Way Forward is with a Broken Heart, The Women's Press, ISBN 0-7043-5077-7, page 98:
- She had feared it would be absent forever, until she met Everett. "Such a cheeky, English chauffeur's name," he had laughed, when they met.
- A city in Massachusetts.
- A city in Washington, USA, and the county seat of Snohomish County.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.