Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (informal) Enthusiasm for the English footballer Paul Gascoigne (born 1967).
1995, Roger Horrocks, Male myths and icons: masculinity in popular culture, page 162:
- Thus, Gazzamania conceals a complex sub-text about three things: gender; the white male body; and the British working class (and its relations with other classes).
- 2009, Ben Carrington, Ian McDonald, Marxism, cultural studies and sport (page 78)
- Paul Gascoigne went from being the focal point of Gazzamania to sad, fat clown in a matter of months […]
- 2011, Simon Kuper, Football Against The Enemy
- Gazzamania, that much is clear, took off after the World Cup semi-final between England and Germany in Turin.