Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: ging
- (hypocoristic) A diminutive of the female given names Ginger and Virginia.
- 1999, Susan Butler, East to the Dawn 
- Amelia thereupon taught Ginger Park and Lucy. [...] In one picture Amelia and three friends—Katherine Dolan (referred to as Dolan), Lucy (Toot), Virginia Park (Ging) are lying on their stomachs, their chins cupped in their hands, staring at the camera either before or after a basketball game; it is Amelia who is holding the ball.
- 2003, Philip Furia, Skylark :
- But while Crosby was their first main topic of conversation, Johnny and Ginger soon began to have the experiences that draw people closer together. [...] “For years,” Mercer said, “anytime anything went wrong, Ging and I would just look at each other and say ‘Borough Hall!’ and think of that poor man who thought he was on his way to Harlem.”
- 2004, Tom Carson, Gilligan's Wake :
- Her taste for philosophical conundrums having been whetted rather than sated by decades of nothing to do, Ging often likes to speculate at length on whether we’re an incarnation that became a refuge, or a refuge that became an incarnation.
- 1999, Susan Butler, East to the Dawn