Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To make Gothic in style or character.
- 2006, Veronica Ortenberg, In Search of the Holy Grail: The Quest for the Middle Ages:
- ..He was commissioned to Gothicise the royal apartments at Windsor and to work on William Beckford's house at Fonthill.
- 2012, Andrew Smith, Victorian Gothic: An Edinburgh Companion, page 229:
- Her tales of benevolent ghosts Gothicise everyday domestic space.
- 2012, Isabella Van Elferen, Gothic Music: The Sounds of the Uncanny
- Music can be a Gothicising factor in the cinema without necessarily being representative of the genre itself: the performativity of musical connotations can cause a Gothicising of the film narrative or imagery.