Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Halfrican (plural Halfricans)
- (perhaps offensive) A person who is biracial, with one black parent and one of another race.
1994, Myra Goldberg, Whistling and Other Stories, page 177:
- My son who calls himself a Halfrican-American flattens his hair by pressing the top of his head against the wall in our hallway.
- 2004, Nicole Bailey-Williams, Floating (novel), Random House, ISBN 9780767915649, page 128:
- […] ¶ “White girl!” ¶ “Nigger bitch!” ¶ “HALFRICAN!” ¶ “MUTT!” ¶ “HALF-BREED!” ¶ […]
- 2005, Wendy Coakley-Thompson, What You Won’t Do For Love (novel), Dafina Books, ISBN 978-0-7582-0747-0, page 79:
- "Oh, Biracial Humor!" Devin laughed. "Too clever for me!"
- He laughed, but the comment stung. It always had. It meant that even his closest friends saw him as inauthentic, the fake McCoy, a Halfrican.