Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Britain, informal, derogatory) A foreigner, someone who is not British.
1983, Richard Ingrams and John Wells, Private Eye - Issues 550-575, page 70:
- No wonder Johnny Foreigner lays in supplies of the stale bread rolls whenever he appears over the horizon.
1984 December 3, John Torode, “Why must training for tomorrow be a dead turn-off?”, in The Guardian, page 18:
- Mr. King's message was that Johnny Foreigner does it better than us. In Germany, in Japan and in the United States, these bottlenecks just do not happen.
- 1999, James Chapman, Licence to thrill: a cultural history of the James Bond films
- A time when Johnny Foreigner knew his place. A time when beautiful women from other countries existed primarily to be seduced...
- 2004, Charles Godfrey-Faussett, Footprint England
- ...the constant threat of spontaneous outbreaks of singing on Centre Court by pop has-beens and the occasional ungentlemanly antics of Johnny Foreigner...