kēhau (“dew”). Also a short form of compound given names containing this word.
- IPA(key): /keːˈhaw/, [keːˈhɐw]
- (rapid speech) IPA(key): [keːˈhɔw]
- A female given name, occasionally also given to men.
- Name of a gentle breeze on several Hawaiian islands.
- Mary Kawena Pukui - Samuel H. Elbert, Hawaiian Dictionary, University of Hawaii Press 1986, page 142
- Hawaii State Archives: Marriage records Kehau (in the old orthography) occurs in 19th century marriage records as the only name (mononym) of 8 women and 5 men.