Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A Chinese emperor (1654-1722) from the Qing Dynasty period.
- The Kangxi Dictionary, a dictionary and cross reference of Chinese characters, first published in 1716 at the behest of the Kangxi emperor, and used to the present day.
1992, O. Harrassowitz, Central Asiatic Journal, volume 36, page 189:
- According to Kangxi, this word has two kinds of pronunciation.
- 2003, Lexicography: Reference works across time, space and languages (ISBN 0415253675):
- [He wrote] Textual Criticism of Kangxi Zidian, 1827[,] in which he identified more than 2500 erroneous citations in Kangxi.