Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: komondor
- A large Hungarian breed of livestock guard dog with a long, corded coat.
1948, Brian Seymour Vesey-FitzGerald, The Book of the Dog, page 551:
- The coat of the Komondor is extraordinarily profuse and generally matted into a veritable fleece of extreme density.
- 1982, Proceedings - Vertebrate Pest Conference, page 56,
- In 1981 there were 36 known ranchers in North Dakota that had 52 Great Pyrenees (44 working and 8 training) and 2 working Komondor dogs.
- 2010, Barry Eaton, Dominance in Dogs: Fact Or Fiction?, unnumbered page,
- For example, the Komondor has a naturally long white coat of matted hair while a Labrador Retriever has short hair that can be sand colored, black or brown.
breed of dog