Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: lexit
- (UK politics) A leftist rationale for the exit of the United Kingdom from the European Union.
- 2015 July 14, Owen Jones, “The left must put Britain's EU withdrawal on the agenda”, in The Guardian:
- And that is why – if indeed much of the left decides on Lexit – it must run its own separate campaign and try and win ownership of the issue.
- 2015 October 5, Mark Leonard, “What would a UK outside the EU look like?”, in The Guardian:
- Others on the left call for a populist campaign for a “Lexit” – a leftwing exit from the EU.
- 2016 June 22, Ewa Jasiewicz, “Why I’m in: Pushing for Lexit won’t help migrants or the working class”, in The Independent:
- There is a push from the left in the UK for a ‘Lexit’ – a move away from the neo-liberal EU which stomped on an anti-austerity peoples’ movement in Greece and failed to respond to the refugee crisis.