Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: lilith
- (mythology) A Mesopotamian storm demon, a bearer of disease and death.
- (Judaism) The first wife of Adam in Jewish folklore.
- 1881, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, “Body’s Beauty”, in Ballads and Sonnets, London: Ellis and White, […], OCLC 946729536, page 240:
- Of Adam's first wife, Lilith, it is told / (The witch he loved before the gift of Eve,) / That, ere the snake's, her sweet tongue could deceive, And her enchanted hair was the first gold.
- (astrology) The "dark moon" or "black moon", not an actual phase of the moon but the empty focus of the ellipse described by its orbit.
- A female given name from Hebrew.
female given name