Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (organic chemistry) Initialism of methyl ethyl ketone.
- (surfing) The chemical Initialism of methyl ethyl ketone peroxide., used as a catalyst to harden the fibreglass resin in surfboard manufacture and repair. Strictly speaking the abbreviation would be MEKP, but the shorthand MEK is frequently found.
- 1973, William Desmond Nelson, Surfing: A Handbook, page 220:
- catalyst: A chemical that makes the polyester resin harden, usually MEK (methyl-ethyl-ketone)
- Initialism of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase.
- (organic compound): butanone