Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (organic chemistry) methyl ethyl ketone
- (surfing) The chemical methyl ethyl ketone peroxide which is used as a catalyst to harden the fibreglass resin in surfboard manufacture and repair. Strictly speaking the abbreviation would be MEKP, but the shorthand MEK is frequently found.
- 1973, William Desmond Nelson, Surfing: A Handbook, page 220:
- catalyst: A chemical that makes the polyester resin harden, usually MEK (methyl-ethyl-ketone)
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase
- (organic compound): butanone