Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A long-winged pelagic seabird, Puffinus puffinus, of the family Procellariidae.
- 2006, James Lowen, A Summer of British Wildlife, page 141:
- Manx shearwaters lounge on the sheeny swell before pattering along and coasting away on stiff, elongated wings. Keep your eyes peeled for a chocolate- and-oatcakecoloured version of the Manxie.
- 2018, Louise Tickle, The Guardian, 20 June:
- Together with its neighbouring island Skokholm, Skomer is home to the highest concentration of Manx shearwaters in the world.