Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To make Muslim; to increase the Muslim character of.
1845, Elliot Warburton, The Crescent and the Cross: Or, Romance and Realities of Eastern Travel, volume 1, page 310:
- These captives are all christians when caught, but are immediately Moslemised.
- 1890, J. Scott Keltie, "What Stanley Has Done for the Map of Africa", in Science, vol. 15, no. 364, page 51:
- In 1878, two years after Gordon had been appointed governor-general of the whole Sudan, Emin Effendi (he had Moslemized himself) was appointed governor of the Equatorial Province, which he found completely disorganized and demoralized, the happy hunting-ground of the slave raider.
- 1964, Hugh H. Smythe, "Thailand Minority Groups", in Phylon, vol. 25, no. 3, page 282:
- As for the Muslimized Malays, they live mainly in the sourthernmost changwads (provinces) that border on Malaysia, although there are small communities of them in and near Bangkok.
- Muslimify (rare, nonstandard)
to convert to Islam