Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American, Canada) IPA(key): /n(j)u wɝld/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /njuː wɜːld/
- Hyphenation: new‧world
- The Americas and Oceania.
- In contrast to the Old World, one is automatically a citizen of one's country of birth in most parts of the New World.
- 1669, Nievhoff, John, John Ogilby, transl., An Embassy from the Eaſt-India Company of the United Provinces, to the Grand Tartar Cham Emperour of China, London: John Macock, OCLC 561227535, page 3:
- The Terraqueous Globe comprehending Sea and Land, Rivers and Lakes, ſtands divided by modern Geographers into two Semi-Orbs, viz. the Old, and New World.
the Americas and Oceania