Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: patel
Borrowed from Gujarati પટેલ (paṭel, “village headman”), which is from Sanskrit पट्टकिल (paṭṭakila).
Patel (plural Patels)
- A surname from Gujarati.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Patel is the 95th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 229973 individuals. Patel is most common among White (94.78%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Patel”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 3, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN.
- English terms borrowed from Gujarati
- English terms derived from Gujarati
- English terms derived from Sanskrit
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:English/ɛl/2 syllables
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- English countable proper nouns
- English surnames
- English surnames from Gujarati